Friday, September 16, 2011

Bryant Park WiFi Hotspot ,yes it works



Bryant Park WiFi Hotspot ,yes it works 

Bryant Park has always been one of my favorite public spaces in Manhattan . Like many of the old guard hard core New Yorkers I was quite skeptical of the "free WiFi" and wondered if it really worked .Bryant park has been wireless since 2001 ,but I was still a non believer .

Today I arrived a bit early for a midtown meeting and though I would give it a try . I am happy to report that I got on with out a hitch and the bandwidth seemed more than adequate. So I spent the better part of an hour surfing away seamlessly with plenty of bandwidth to spare .

I didn't really see as many laptop as one would expect . The park was mostly filled with a mix of tourists snapping photos and local suits escaping from the corporate grind. Most people seemed just happy to sit back and realxing watching the world go by .

No comments:

Post a Comment